Financial Assistance - KidSport
Need Financial Assistance? Maybe KidSport Calgary Can Help
Do you need financial assistance for sport registration fees and equipment costs?
It is the goal of KidSport Calgary to provide positive sport opportunities to children and families that are in need or in low-income situations. KidSport Calgary strives to overcome the financial obstacles that prevent some young people from experiencing the positive impact of sport. Giving young people the opportunity to choose the sport that has the most value to them allows KidSport Calgary to promote a greater sense of belonging, personal involvement and improved self esteem.
How to Apply:
Application forms are available on-line (www.kidsportcanada.ca), can be mailed or faxed to applicants from the KidSport Calgary office or picked up at any Calgary Co-Op location. Sport clubs may also have the application form readily available for their registrants.
Steps to complete the application:
- The applicant is responsible for filling out the athlete and sponsor information in sections one and two on the Calgary application.
- Section three and four of the application should be completed and signed by an appropriate member of the sport club. This includes confirmation of insurance from the sport club, and lists funding requirements for registration fees and equipment. Please ensure that the club name listed is the group’s legal name, as KidSport Calgary will be issuing cheques to the club name listed on the form.
- In section five of the form, applicants need to indicate how many people are living in the household (both children and adults) and submit verification of their financial limitations. Applicants are also encouraged to write a short note relating to why their application should be considered for funding.
- KidSport Calgary requires a minimum of TWO financial documents from EACH working adult in the household. This should include both government documentation and current proof of income (see below).
The following is a listing of appropriate documents that applicants can submit (please select one from each section):
A) Current proof of family income:
- Three consecutive pay stubs
- Support for Independence (SFI) or Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) stubs
- Workers Compensation Board (WCB) or Employment Insurance (EI) documentation
- Calgary Housing Documents
- Student Loan Documents
B) Government documentation:
- Alberta Child Health Benefit Card, accompanied by a letter that confirms length of coverage
- Canada Child Tax Benefit Notice
- Notice of Assessment from most recent tax year (for all adults living in the household)
- A letter from Alberta Health Care
- The parent or guardian must sign the release of liability and indemnification in section eight of the application form to be considered eligible for funding.
- Once the application is completely filled out, and the appropriate financial documentation is attached, the form can be submitted via mail or fax to the KidSport Calgary office.
- It is always good practice to phone the KidSport Calgary office at (403) 202 - 0251 to confirm receipt of any faxed application. KidSport is not responsible for applications that did not transmit properly (or at all).
For more information please contact:
KidSport Calgary - Fund Distribution Committee
Ph: (403) 202-0251
Email: apply at kidsportcalgary.ca
KidSport Society of Calgary
PO Box 61190 Kensington RPO