Spring League & 3v3 !! Check it out!
Looking for MORE basketball fun this spring? Look no further than the Spring League and our 3v3 programs! Check out the details below and we look forward to seeing you on the court!
As per the recent email that came out from CMBA and which you most likely would have received, AMBA will be supporting teams to play in CMBA's Spring League - this league will not follow the same format as the Fall (regular) season of basketball:
- There is no evaluation and sign up process.
- Players must contact AMBA with a full team roster and Coach(es) to register - AMBA will not form teams or provide coaches.
- AMBA will provide gym practice times to teams each week.
- AMBA will provide the use of uniforms for all players.
- Teams can choose to be a Rec team or a Club team (please see CMBA email for info and differences between the 2).
- There will be a limited amount of teams formed due to minimal gym space. To ensure your spot, don't delay and register ASAP.
Thanks to the families who have come forward to help coordinate the program this year, Airdrie will once again be running the 3v3 spring league. We still require a Gym Scheduler so please reach out if you can assist!
The divisions for 3v3 this year are as follows:
U9 - born 2011-2010 (games played Monday and Wednesday nights, between 6:30-8:00, max 8 teams)
U11 - born 2009-2008 (games played Tuesday and Thursday nights, between 6:30-8:15, max 10 teams)
U13 - born 2007-2006 (games played Tuesday and Thursday nights, between 6:30-8:45, max 12 teams)
U15 - born 2005-2004 (games played Monday and Wednesday nights, between 6:30-8:45, max 12 teams)
- Registration opens March 1 on the AMBA website.
- Players can register as an individual and be placed onto teams, or request to play with other players on a team (3-4 players per team).
- The season starts the week of March 25 and runs until Mid-late May
- Fees are $160.00 for the season
- Teams play roughly (3) 10 minute games per night according to a weekly schedule.
- Please note - AMBA will not be sending teams to the ABA Provincial Tournament in Edmonton at the end of the season as per previous years.
We're very excited to be involved with these programs and encourage you to sign up ASAP! :)