Welcome to AMBA's 3v3 Program! **2019 INFO BELOW **
AMBA started our 3v3 program in the spring of 2011 with 67 players; registration and interest in this fast-paced, skill-building game has increased steadily over the last 8 years.
The goal of 3v3 is for players to fully run the game; FIBA rules do not allow for a coach
. Parents are still required to scorekeep / timekeep for their player's 3v3 games.
We understand that U9 and U11 players need an adult on the bench to supervise and provide skill-development. If you have volunteered to coach this age group, please keep in mind that teaching players to make decisions, including when to sub and ask for a time-out is important.
Rules Short form rules - for score table Long form rules
For a playlist of videos that explain FIBA 3v3 rules and play, please click here
2019 3v3 Program Information
The divisions for 3v3 this year are as follows:
U9 - born 2011-2010 (games played Monday and Wednesday nights, between 6:30-8:00, max 8 teams)
U11 - born 2009-2008 (games played Tuesday and Thursday nights, between 6:30-8:15, max 10 teams)
U13 - born 2007-2006 (games played Tuesday and Thursday nights, between 6:30-8:45, max 12 teams)
U15 - born 2005-2004 (games played Monday and Wednesday nights, between 6:30-8:45, max 12 teams)
- Registration opens March 1 on the AMBA website.
- Players can register as an individual and be placed onto teams, or request to play with other players on a team (3-4 players per team).
- The season starts the week of March 25 and runs until Mid-late May
- Fees are $160.00 for the season
- Teams play about (3) 10 minute games per night according to a weekly schedule.
- Please note - AMBA will not be sending teams to the ABA Provincial Tournament in Edmonton at the end of the season as per previous years.